I suspect that once you read this, it will make Alexander Technique sound like snake oil. But think about it for a moment. Imagine if you could get a user manual that would sharpen your own fallible human perception while providing easier movement. Wouldn’t that be a useful foundation for the unlimited learning of anything skill you’d want to do?
It’s tricky to put Alexander Technique into words, but here are some ways to describe it…
- Learn living anatomy and effortless control of freer movement. By uncovering what’s in your way that you have forgetfully only gotten used to doing.
- Learn to refresh muscle memory, so you can respond to what’s new instead of reacting with the old same thing.
- Gain insight, impulse control, evoke flow, & speed up training & practice time
- See where someone is going to move next, (great for being behind a video camera.)
- Get more benefits & discoveries from practicing your favorite skill by using effortlessness. Experience a signature feeling of a “flow or lightness” during lessons and practice.
- Find out how to learn new tricks, even when you feel like you’re an old dog. Find out how to get better at what you love, even if you’ve given up on it!
- Uncover strange, new abilities and senses that you never knew you had – by freeing your perceptual assumptions.
- Sharpen impulse control, go beyond conditioned reactions and assumptions and set aside negativity – all by making a physical movement in an easier way.
- Get a first-hand experience of directed body-mind unity, “flow,” a peak experience!
- Aside from time it takes to learn, benefits of Alexander Technique carry into any other activity. To use it, you “direct” yourself differently; no special practice hour once you know the skill because it combines with every action.
Six lessons will get you a taste, and usually in less than thirty lessons you can have a useful skill for life. Sign up for and experience an Alexander Technique lesson series or workshop today!